jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2009

Not rice, risotto

Today I will write my recipe for risotto. The risotto is fantastic but only when done right. I do not usually ask for risotto when and away from home because I almost always try depressed. I do not know why most l @ s @ s think cooking the risotto should be able to cut with a knife. I look forward to asking for something that sounds as good as "seasonal mushroom risotto" and finally I have to leave home because I thought that helped me was a thick paste with lumps that required a lot of water to swallow. Well, sometimes I found that hard rice taste.
The risotto should be creamy, and bathe the plate to fall and not be glued to the ceramic stone like a sticky.
It can do many things, the most famous in Spain is the mushroom, I suppose, but even with strawberries is not too bad. But I'm going to teach you or the asparagus or the artichoke (the latter is my favorite). Well, later I will show a more substantial, p, but what I will teach you today is to make a simple risotto, with nothing, and when you do it you will find that this recipe does not need rice or foie gras, or duck, nor ingredients to make your longer name. When you do it you prove one of the tastiest things in the world.

The ingredients are easily available. Rice is the most appropriate one Italian rice called arborio, is perfect because it has a lot of starch and does not open easily, leaving the perfect center but the grain absorb much liquid. But, you know what? I do it with rice round, fat as ever and he looks great. You also need salt, black pepper, butter, cream, Parmesan and water. That's it. If you seek a risotto recipe in google or youtube will all be extremely complicated and convoluted, but that's not risotto, gazpacho is like strawberry gazpacho that is not. It can be cold strawberry soup with vegetables, but never a gazpacho.

Risotto for 4 people

4 handfuls of rice
Water
1 1 / 4 tablespoon Butter
1 cup cream
5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Salt
Black pepper

In a deep skillet or saucepan melt a teaspoon of butter (with or without salt, it does not matter), and add the rice for a bit refreshing. Then add salt and pepper. Do not be burdened in this way, sometimes people think that salt is a problem but should not be. I tend to add salt to my meals a lot of times, every step of the recipe. You must add and test, add and test, nothing more. Provided that we spend, there will be a solution. And if we spend our solution also exists.
After adding the salt water cover the rice and let it go by but never stirring and adding water while rice whenever we asked. What we are looking at is that rice risotto release all their starch. So we should NEVER wash. We must ensure that the grain is tender but not pass. The core of the grains should be crispy, crunchy.
When rice is ready and has little water, remove from the heat and add butter, Parmesan and cream and, without stirring, we covered him for two minutes.
Then uncover and stir. We test, salt to taste and see that the risotto is creamy, more dense liquid (for which we will take more cream if we believed necessary.) And you're ready to taste.

This recipe I learned in Florence's Ristorante Rossini, Antonio taught me, though I knew some words in Spanish was very shy and hardly spoke to me. He put a pinch of ground coffee into the bowl, covered it with the risotto to serve before he threw a spoonful of honey, and painted with powdered crispy duck skin and lavender flowers. Thanks Antonio.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario